Thursday, February 11, 2010

The day after

Hope everyone made it through the latest storm in good shape. Aside from being down a long driveway full of snow, we made out fine...didn't even lost power this time.

Since I had some time, I thought I would share a couple of photos of some glaze combinations I like. The glazes are ones we have in the studio. The pictures are not that great since I couldn't get out to my usual photo set up, but you can see the colors OK.

First dipped in Jade, allowed to dry, then overdipped in BTBT. Notice the BTBT has a tendency to run, but not too much. I wouldn't take the overdip near the bottom, but the bottom third could be painted on if you wanted a uniform bluish color.

 
 The plate was first dipped in Nutmeg half way, then dipped in Byrne. You can see the area in the middle where the two overlapped.

If you have any pictures of pieces with good results, please send them along ,and we'll post them for everyone to view.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff here,

    I like the BTBT over the jade. I think the viscosity/thickness of the glaze application is the key to preventing runs. I had the same type of problem with Rasberry over Monk's green but it seemed too thick to me at the time.

    Wes, do you think using multiple layers of a thinner (thinned with water) layer of glaze would solve the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plate overlap was an interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete